Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BibleWorks 8

I was really tempted to pre-order BibleWorks 8 when the news hit my email inbox, but I'm now glad I held back. If you peruse the forums at BibleWorks, there appears to be the usual glitches and install problems that accompany new software. I think I'll wait a few months before I get my copy; that is, after all the early adopters have had a chance to show the folks at BibleWorks where all the kinks are.

An upgrade from version 7 to 8 is just $150 which in my eyes is justified by the inclusion of the Greek Pseudepigrapha and the BHS update (4.4 to 4.10) alone. In this regard, I'm really glad I didn't purchase the Logos pre-pub of the Greek Pseudepigrapha when it was offered a few months back since it makes it much easier to justify upgrading to BibleWorks 8.

No comments: