Monday, July 14, 2008

Logos for Mac

Logos has had an alpha release of a Mac version of their bible software for some time now. Here's a video of the program in action.

For the last couple of years, I've toyed with the idea of switching over to a Mac. However, I have several thousand dollars tied up in my Logos Bible Software and hundreds of dollars in BibleWorks, which would be rendered essentially useless if I switched.

However, if this Mac version is all its cracked up to be, this obstacle might well be removed (at least with regards to Logos, which is more important to me, as I have much more money invested in this program). It looks as if the licences from the PC version of Libronix' electronic texts can be transferred over to the Mac version. Once the life cycle of my PC laptop is over (probably another year or so), I may very well make the switch.

The idea of having access to Accordance in its native environment (in addition to Logos) is definitely a plus. I could have the best of both worlds.

If you have any suggestions with regard to laptop models and word processing programs (along with tips on any other useful software) I would appreciate it if you'd leave them in the comments.

No comments: